Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler
Delicious blueberry filling, a fluffy biscuit topping, and a dollop of whipped cream, this Dutch Oven Blueberry Cobbler is a perfect summer time camping dessert.
Servings 3 servings
- 3 cups Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- .5 Juice & zest Lemon about 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Flour (140g)
- ¼ cup Sugar (60g)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Butter cold
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Whipped cream Optional
- Combine the filling ingredients (blueberries, sugar, flour, juice and zest of half a lemon, cinnamon) in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the blueberry mixture into a lined 4-qt Dutch oven.
- To make the topping: combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl and stir to mix. Add the butter and mix and mash with a fork or your hands until the flour and butter come together into pea sized pieces. Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Drop the topping batter across the blueberries.
- Cover the Dutch oven and place on a bed of 7 coals, adding 14 to the lid of the oven.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, giving the oven and lid a ¼ turn every 15 minutes and adding new coals if they die out, until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and set aside, uncovered, to cool a touch before serving with whipped cream.