Camp Pineapple Upside Down Cake Foil Packets
These Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Foil Packets are an old-fashioned favorite made easier with a shortcake dessert shell and then prepared into foil packets for a fun camping treat!
Servings 1 serving
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 whole pineapple ring
- 1 whole maraschino cherry
- 1 whole shortcake dessert shell
- vanilla ice cream for serving optional
- Tear off a 12×12-inch square of nonstick aluminum foil.
- Mound the brown sugar and butter in the center, followed by the pineapple slice and maraschino cherry. Top with the dessert shell, flat side up.
- Fold in the sides of the foil and seal to form the packet.
- Grill for 12-13 minutes over medium-high heat.
- To serve, flip the cakes over. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.