Elevate Your Game with Homemade Sausage Rolls
Let’s be honest, sausage rolls are the unsung heroes of finger foods. They’re the ones that get devoured first on the appetizer table. With this homemade sausage roll recipe, you’ll never want to buy store-bought again.
While the ingredients list is simple, the flavors are robust and satisfying. The mix of sausage, onion, and garlic creates a mouth-watering aroma that fills your kitchen as these bad boys bake. The breadcrumbs and parsley add texture and flavor, making each bite a little celebration. Let’s not forget the puff pastry. It’s not just a casing; it’s the crispy, flaky golden layer that seals the deal.
You can serve these as appetizers, at a picnic, or during a game night. The adaptability of this recipe is another win. Want to get creative? Add some grated cheese, or maybe a dash of your favorite spices. But honestly, they’re so good as-is that you might not want to mess with a good thing.
Killer Sausage Roll Recipe!
- 750 g sausage mince
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- Caramelized Onion
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 65 g breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 semi-thawed puff pastry sheets
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 220C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mince Mixture: Combine mince, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper. Beat 1 egg and blend it in.
- Assemble: Cut each pastry sheet in half. Roll a portion of the mince mixture until it's 25 cm long and place it down the center of the pastry. Brush edges with a beaten egg.
- Roll & Cut: Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, cut into 5 pieces, and place seam side down on the tray.
- Bake: Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with pepper, and bake for 20 mins. Then reduce heat to 200C and bake for another 10 mins until golden.
Top 5 Questions People Might Ask About This Recipe:
Can I Use a Different Type of Meat?
- Sure, ground chicken or turkey would work, but the taste will be different.
Can I Freeze Them?
- Absolutely. Just wrap them tightly and freeze. Bake from frozen, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
What’s the Best Way to Caramelize Onions?
- Slow and low is the mantra. Cook thinly sliced onions over low heat in a bit of oil until they’re soft and golden.
Is Fresh Parsley Necessary?
- Fresh is best for flavor, but dried parsley can work in a pinch. Use 1 tbsp if you’re going the dried route.
Can I Use Homemade Puff Pastry?
- Of course, if you’re up for the challenge, go for it! But store-bought works wonders too.
So, ready to wow your family and friends with some next-level sausage rolls?
Fuel Up for Adventure
A hearty lunch will give you the energy you need to explore or relax—however you choose to spend your day.
Feast Under the Stars
Dinner is when you can really get creative. After a long day of adventure, you deserve a hearty meal.
Camp Meal Recipes
The All-In-One Wonders
Sometimes, you just want a simple meal that requires minimal effort but delivers maximum flavor.