Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
These sweet & spicy breakfast sandwiches are the perfect in-hand meal to get your morning started off right.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs: thyme rosemary, sage, etc
- 1 teaspoon Salt
SRIRACHA HONEY SAUCE
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 6 Eggs
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 English muffins
PREP THE SAUSAGES:
- Mix the ground pork, herbs, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Form into 6 equal sized patties, keeping in mind that they will shrink slightly while cooking.
PREP THE SAUCE:
- Combine the honey and sriracha in a small bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over your campfire or stove top. Once hot, place the sausages on the surface and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until browned, 2-3 minutes more. Meanwhile, cook the eggs as desired and toast the English muffins.
ASSEMBLE & SERVE:
- Spread the Sriracha honey sauce on the English muffins, then layer with a sausage patty, egg, and slice of cheese. Serve & enjoy!